Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Coal Miner Tin Type Repair


Another repair to an old tin type in my collection.  Doesn't look like too much work, but it was lots of little white dots to remove and an eye to repair.  The corners that were cut, well they aren't perfect.  You can tell that it's a repair when comparing it to the rocks in the corners of the first picture, but not too bad when see alone.

Need to dive into the instructions for my Serif Photo Plus X2 software again.  I figured out that I can adjust a portion of the photo by drawing a line separating where I want to adjust the image, but it only adjusts the bottom portion.  Sadly I was hoping to adjust the contrast to the TOP portion of the photo.  Oh well.  For now this is what I've got!


  1. Cheryl,

    Love reading your blog! Nominated you for "The Lovely Blog Award". If you wish to pick up go to http://deb-adventuresingenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/04/thankful-thursday-one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Continued success blogging!


  2. Cheryl, you did a really nice job with this tintype photo. Those little white dots (and black dots in the white spaces) are so time-consuming to fix. Good job!