Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sunday's Obituary - Mrs. Odile Dart

Back to trying to sort out my husband's Dart line with another news clipping from an old family scrapbook.

Odile was my husband's great grand aunt and I actually have her and her late husband, Jule, already in my family tree...and with all their kids!  Yay!  I did not have Odile's date of death in the tree though.  I've noticed that in my collection of clippings, the hand-written dates have (so far) always referred to the date of event.  I verified this by checking on Ancestry.com and found Odile in the Wisconsin Death Index, 1959-1997.  Now the date is in my tree and both the clipping and the Death Index have been cited.

While the newspaper has no publication information, I did see from the Death Index that she died in Brown county.  I see from the obituary that her service was at SS. Peter and Paul Church and she was buried in Allouez Cemetery.  While the name for the church is quite common, the three of those are not and it is most likely that this clipping (like most others I have) came from the Green Bay Press-Gazette.  I will, of course, verify the next time I head up to Wisconsin.
May 1960, Green Bay Press-Gazette

"Mrs. Odile Dart [hand-dated May 7, 1960]

Mrs. Odile Dart, 539 Henry St., died at a local nursing home this morning following a brief illness.

She was born Odile Motquin in Brussels and married Jule Dart 56 years at Brussels.  They had farmed in Maplewood until 15 years ago.  Her husband preceded her in death in 1949.

Survivors include three sons, Louis of Green Bay, Julius of Gardner, Door County, and Melvin of Sturgeon Bay; two daughters, Mrs. William (Anna) Lemense with whom she lived and Mrs. Lillian Claflin of Two Rivers; 15 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Josephine Herlache of Green Bay; on brother, Frank Motquin, Green Bay.

Friends may call at Malcore Funeral Home after 6:30 Sunday evening.  The Rosary will be recited Sunday and Monday evening, Monday by the Rev. Peter Skell of SS. Peter and Paul Church and burial will be in Allouez Cemetery."

No comments:

Post a Comment